is the purpose of the Bellaire Historical Society to preserve,
maintain, restore and display designated historical landmarks, natural
beauty, documents, artifacts, records of persons active in the history
of the City of Bellaire and any other objects distinctive of this
history; all to the end that it may be a fitting memorial to those
citizens and individuals who contributed so greatly of their money,
zeal and time in making the Bellaire Community a proper place to live.
by the State of Texas November 5, 1974
The Bellaire Historical Society is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
February 9, 2017
Energy Community Center
7001 Fifth St. (2nd floor above Aquatics Center)
"West U and Bellaire Go to War—The Fight Over the Merger of the Cities"
On December 31, 1945, the City Council of West University Place met and voted to annex the cities of Bellaire and Southside Place. The Hon. Mark Davidson, current Judge, Multidistrict Litigation Harris County Civil Court, and retired Judge of the 11th District Court, will share the story of this little-known aspect of Bellaire’s past.
|An invitation is extended to anyone
who would like to visit the meetings of the Bellaire Historical
Society, and to anyone desiring to become a member.